Saturday, September 12, 2009

Exp 9/12 - A Blessed Mommy of Six - Soda Stream and a message about child abuse prevention and intervention

I am so glad to read a blog that is as passionate about child abuse prevention and intervention as I am. Being a nurse, I see it all, and it's easy to become almost immune to shock. But the one thing that will always melt the heart (and make it ache) is the sight of an innocent child that has been hurt. Unfortunately, child abuse is not something you can slap a band-aid on. Child abuse damages the soul, the self-esteem, trust, ability to love, so many things that can't be undone. I've looked into the eyes of abused children. I've seen pain, fear and confusion. They are damaged with self-doubt: how can the person(s) who are supposed to love me and protect me, hurt me. On purpose. Please stop by A Blessed Mommy of 6 to find more information. If you suspect a child is being abused call. Now. The National Child Abuse Hotline is 1-800-4-A-CHILD. Thank you.

No comments: